Macadamia Nut Lilikoi Ice Box Pie
1 cup macadamia nuts, measured then chopped
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese (I used low fat)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 (14 oz) container of Cool Whip (or two 8oz containers)
1/2 cup - 3/4 cup lilikoi butter
1/2 cup lilikoi jelly
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 pan. In a bowl combine flour, butter, sugar, chopped macadamia nuts and a pinch of salt until crumbly. *Make sure you crumble to small pieces or you will have holes in your crust as the butter melts!*
2. Press mixture into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
1. In a bowl combine softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat or mix until well combined.
2. Fold in 8 oz of Cool Whip into the mixture. Spread the mixture over the cooled jam covered crust. Cover with foil and place in the refrigerator to set.
1. Spread a thin layer of Lilikoi butter of the cream cheese mixture. *The lilikoi butter I bought was rich in taste and had a strong lilikoi taste so I didn't layer it on too thick, if yours is not as strong, feel free to make a thicker layer.*
Sorry I didn't take a picture of it sliced, but it comes together really nice. I took this over to my friends house for a lunch gathering and we all ate several pieces!