This was the super delicious and amazingly quick dessert that I made at my goat cheese dinner party! As you may remember we started with a simple salad with strawberries, almonds, avocado and goat cheese. Then we moved on to our main dish, Bacon Goat Cheese Gnocchi. Since this “dinner party” was planned only a day before, I kept everything super simple. This dessert was so good and literally only takes minutes of prep allowing you to spend time with your guests.
Roasted Peaches with Goat Cheese Mousse
3-4 white peaches or white nectarines, quartered
3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger
4 oz. fresh goat cheese, room temperature
2-3 Tbsp. half and half (or whipping cream)
Balsamic Fig reduction, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and cut fruit. Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger in a bowl.
2. Dip cut pieces of fruit into the brown sugar mixture and place on cookie sheet or in baking pan. *I lined with foil for super easy clean up!!*
3. Bake for 20 minutes, or until fruit is fork tender and juices start to run out.
4. Place soft goat cheese in a bowl and add the half and half to the bowl. Using a fork, whip the two ingredients until combine. *Add more half and half if you would like a lighter consistency*
5. Serve warm fruit with a dollop of goat cheese mousse and drizzle with honey. Garnish with Balsamic Fig reduction and mint! *Balsamic Fig reduction sauce is possibly the best thing that I bought myself this month!!*
Seriously, this dessert is soooo good! If you are grilling, pop those peaches on the grill! My dinner guest loved it and literally couldn’t believe that it only took me 5 minutes to prep in the kitchen while they were relaxing. And, if you have any left overs the roasted fruit was super yummy the next morning on my yogurt!