Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ramen Crazy!

We all have a soft spot in our hearts for Ramen.  From the 35 cent packs that we bought in college to the sophisticated ones served at Ramen houses, slow cooked broth, char sui and soft boiled eggs.  My amazing friend actually made a Ramen costume for her little girl, please don’t die from the cuteness. 

Ramencutie

OK, too cute but just one more!

lilramen2

Recently I went to Tsujita LA Noodles by my house to have some of the Ramen noodles that the famed food reviewer Jonathan Gold raved about!!  The first time I went I had the standard Tonkotsu Ramen which was so tasty.  When I went back with my friend LT, I had the more unusual Tsukemen, in which the broth is served on the side and with a lime wedge.  The Tsukemen broth is thicker, slightly sweeter and has seafood added in it. 

tsujita1

The Tsukemen is definitely worth a try, there are some cute instruction cards letting you know how to go about eat it.  However I think I preferred the standard Tonkotsu Ramen personally.  Hmm maybe more research is needed?  LOL

We Love Ramen Infographic
Created by: Hack College

Thanks to Peter from Hack College for the awesome info graphic!!