Thursday, October 20, 2011

Prosciutto Fig and Goat Cheese Pizza

Yikes I have been on the go for the past two weeks, I feel like I haven’t been home to just veg out for ages!  Not that I don’t love going out to dinner with new and old friends, visiting the Magic Castle and hitting up some great concerts- but sometimes a girl just wants to be home with a bottle of beer and sit in front of the TV. 

For those types of nights, this would be perfect!!  You know I love the prosciutto fig combo from these lovely bites of goodness.  And in order to get your last bits of figs in and in honor of the wedding that I am going to this weekend on a Goat Cheese Dairy farm I bring you this easy pizza. 

049Congrats to my friends Charlotte and Brock that are getting married and here’s to a weekend full on moonshine, goat cheese and some Southern BBQ!!!  Hoping to fit in a visit to Cracker Barrel and try some other regional goodies.   

Prosciutto Fig and Goat Cheese Pizza

1 pkg pizza dough
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup goat cheese
1/2 onion, caramelized
2 oz. prosciutto, tear into large pieces
6 fresh figs, cut in half
red chili flakes
olive oil

1.  Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Roll out pizza dough to a 12 inch circle and lightly sprinkle the top with olive oil. 

2.  Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, prosciutto pieces, figs, caramelized onions and goat cheese evenly on the crust. 

3.  Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.