Spring time is here! That means a whole new slew of vegetables and fruits are popping up at the farmers market. The other day when I was walking through the farmers market by my work, I couldn’t resist and I had to buy the leeks and asparagus! I wasn’t really sure what I would make with them, but when I went home all the ingredients seems to quickly come together into this beautiful spring quiche. I think I was so excited, that I forgot to take pictures along the way… But this recipe is so easy, you won’t need the extra help.
1 whole wheat pie shell
12-15 stalks of thin asparagus
15 grape tomatoes
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup plain yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly beat eggs and yogurt, season with salt and pepper. Mix in parmesan cheese and set aside.
3. Thinly slice leeks and cut asparagus into small pieces. Heat a skillet with olive oil and mix in leeks and asparagus. Season with salt and pepper and cook until slightly softened.
4. Wash and peel the potato and cut into thin slices. Lay down potato slices on top of the pie crust in a circular pattern.
5. Lay leek and asparagus mixture over the potatoes. Slowly pour the egg mixture over.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, check for doneness.
This dish was super fresh and reminded me of spring. One of the things I love about quiche is that you can eat it anytime of day. Since I live alone (and doubted that the Brazilian would like this), I ended up having this for breakfast, lunch and dinner!