Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fall Inspired Turkey Sandwich

My recent trip to North Carolina had me thinking about curried goat cheese for a long time.  Why had I not had that flavor combination before?  It seems so obvious right?  Then an idea hit me, the perfect Fall sandwich that could also make use of any Thanksgiving left over turkey! 

NC62

Don’t get me wrong, I love a leftover thanksgiving sandwich as much as the next girl. Stuffing, cranberry sauce, turkey, gravy, and mashed potatoes all piled on a roll…  But there are only so many days that you can eat that without wanting something a tad bit lighter, or before the button of your jeans pops off and nearly takes out your eye. This sandwich is delicious and on the lighter side.  Best of all it’s easy, cause we’re all going to be tired after cooking up our Thanksgiving feasts!   

Curried Goat Cheese Turkey Sandwich

2 slices of multi grain bread
1.5 oz. soft goat cheese
Curry powder
1/2 honeycrisp apple, cut into thin slices
2 oz. turkey, sliced

1.  In a small bowl combine goat cheese and curry powder.  *Add a few dashes of curry powder and add more to taste.* 

2.  Spread curry goat cheese on one piece of the multi grain bread, layer thin slices of honeycrisp apple and turkey. 

Optional:  Pop the sandwich into toaster sandwich to let the flavors meld. 

Curryturkey

I’ve kinda been eating this sandwich non stop, especially since honeycrisps are in season right now. 

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving holiday with their friends and family!!  Back in college, the first year that I was not able to go home for Thanksgiving, I forced my friends to each reveal something that they are thankful for.  So in that same tradition, while I feel I have a lot to be thankful for, most of my family is in Hawaii, but I feel so lucky to have such great friends up here in Los Angeles all of who checked to make sure I had plans and invited me into their homes for Thanksgiving.  (Love you guys and miss you mom and dad!)